Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Finding Me: Diving Deep into the Depths of Self

 


I stood at the edge of the shore, the vast ocean of self in front of me. As daunting as it was, I knew I had to plunge in. How many times had I heard the words “just be yourself”? It always sounded like a simple directive. But who was I beneath the layers of expectations, experiences, and self-imposed limitations?

One morning, amidst the chaos of life, I decided it was time. Time to discover my deepest self.

1. Removing the Masks

For years, I wore masks. Not the physical ones, but those that hid my true emotions, my real thoughts. The 'happy' mask for social events, the 'everything-is-fine' one for tough times, and the 'confident' facade for those intimidating meetings. Why? Because it was easier than confronting the vulnerability that lay beneath.

But now, as I decided to dive deep, each mask had to come off. One by one. And guess what? It was liberating. For the first time, I saw my raw self, without any filters. I was vulnerable, yes, but I was also genuine.

2. Confronting the Inner Critic

Inside all of us is a voice that sometimes whispers, sometimes screams, pointing out our flaws, reminding us of past failures. My inner critic had a field day every time I made a mistake. Meeting this critic head-on was like standing in front of a mirror, confronting my harshest judge.

I learnt an invaluable lesson here: it’s okay to be imperfect. Those imperfections were a part of me, and rather than fighting them, I embraced them.

3. Listening to My Inner Child

As I ventured deeper, I met my inner child. That innocent, enthusiastic, and fearless version of myself. The one who wanted to dance in the rain, laugh without reason, and dream without limits. Over the years, I'd silenced this child, believing that adulthood meant leaving such 'childish' things behind.

Reconnecting with this part of me brought pure joy. I rediscovered the magic in small things, and life seemed a lot more colorful.

4. Realizing My Core Values

Beneath the layers of societal norms and influences, I unearthed my core values. The beliefs that resonated with my soul, the principles I wanted to live by. They were like the compass I never knew I had, guiding me towards my true north.

5. Embracing Solitude

In this journey, I realized the importance of solitude. It wasn’t about loneliness but rather about spending quality time with oneself. Those moments of solitude were when I felt closest to my deepest self, free from the noise of the outside world.

Conclusion: The Continuous Journey

Finding my deepest self wasn't a one-time event. It’s a continuous journey, with each day offering new insights, challenges, and discoveries. But having taken the plunge, I can honestly say it’s been the most rewarding expedition of my life.

To you reading this, I have one plea: Begin your journey. Dive deep. Meet your true self. It might be challenging, sometimes even scary, but trust me, it's worth every moment. Because in the depths of self, lies the universe of endless possibilities.

Post a Comment

0 Comments